- Gershwin: Prelude 1, first 2 pages
- Simon and Garfunkel: America
- Mozart: Sonata in C minor, first movement, first 3 pages
- Debussy: Suite Bergamasque, Prelude
- Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition, Promenade
Pieces Covered and Feedback
All pieces covered
- Work on the rhythm in the first two opening measures
- Bring out the main chord theme every time it appears
- Accent the leading notes that resolve, even if not accented
- Really use the right hand pinky to bring out the main note in the chords
- For the 3 note staccato chords at the end of some of the phrases, make sure the third chord is staccato, instead of held.
- Decide on what is p, what if f, and hold those consistently for different sections.
- Meno p – a little less soft (so slightly louder) than the p in the previous phrase.
Simon and Garfunkel
- Pinky again – use the pinky in the chords to bring out the melody
For Next Week