- Gershwin: 3rd prelude, all
- Liszt – Un Sospiro
- Telemann: Fantasy in F Major, complete
- Scales: all flat scales, A major, start playing in 3rds
- Liszt Techical Exercises: 1-5 (single finger playing, other fingers held down)
- Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody, started on Friday
- Debussy: Wine Gate prelude
Pieces Covered and Feedback
- Telemann: Fantasy in F major: mostly complete, played through. Messed up the 3 sections that was messing up at home. The middle Largo section went well.
- Gershwin: 3rd prelude, messed up a number of times, still rough performing in front of someone
- Debussy: played well, no major mistakes.
- Queen: played first 4 pages at tempo, next 4 pages slower. Left out some of bass notes during triplet sections. Rushed the quarter triplets, again…
- Liszt: played 2 times on the grand, from memory. Things to work on:
- Third page, A major section, right hand pluck the main theme during the cross over section. Arm weight, hit the note, then up.
- Start of final section, main theme alternating in the thumbs, really bring out the first note starting the theme, arpeggio starts quieter in the next note.
- Second to last rolling chord at the end, keep quieter than the right hand, and the upper F repeated notes.
For Next Week
Business trip, no lesson. Adult recital scheduled for the 27th.